Paack is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth and it currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, the UK, France, and Portugal. Our success is backed by renowned European investors.
We believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to clients’ preferences. Additionally, our approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. Paack wants to establish a combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, we ensure clients receive their parcels in a time that suits them while contributing to sustainability.
Our product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering our retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen Paack as their exclusive partner.
Our team of Paackers is multicultural, multilingual, and highly qualified. We enjoy the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, facing them with ambition.
In accordance with our corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, Paack is looking for inspiring people, people who love to grow exceeding expectations, and challenge the status quo. Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial, and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by-products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and the status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup, and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
We automate everything from development, deployment, and infrastructure management. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs. We have established a culture of DevOps that helps teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster, however, there is still room for improvement.
About the job
We are looking for a Head of Data Protection and Privacy to join our growing Technology team to build and lead out a team of data protection and privacy technology technologists. Focusing on areas such as Privacy by Design and by Default, Privacy Enhancing Technologies, and Privacy in Data Analytics this role will provide a bridge between the business, legal, and technology teams to ensure that Paack implements leading and best practices in these areas.
- Build and lead a team of data protection and privacy professionals with a strong technology focus
- Define company policies that provide the framework for the implementation of best practices with respect to data protection and privacy in terms of digital technology
- Work with the business requirements, architecture, and engineering teams to ensure that data protection and privacy are embedded as core technology platforms and business operations
What are we looking for?
If you’re a leader in the emerging area of Data Protection and Privacy seeking to define best practices in this area with respect to emerging digital technologies such as cloud, mobile applications, and data analytics then keep reading.
We would like you to have:
- At least 5 years of experience in senior data protection and privacy role focusing on the technology implications of privacy by design and by default
- Certified as an IAPP CIPT and active in the IAPP community
- Solid knowledge of how data protection and privacy frameworks work with other technology frameworks such as Cyber Security, Information Security, and Data Governance
We would also like you to:
- Certified as an IAPP CIPP or CIPM
- A deep interest in data protection and privacy in terms of technology and how society can reap the benefits of technology while still respecting people’s right to privacy
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bringing all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last-mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.