Who we are
Paack is one of the hottest technology start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015 by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company is experienced a strong global growth and presently operates in 70 cities across five countries. All of our success is backed by a number of renowned European investors. And this is just the start.
We believe that the future of eCommerce deliveries is customer controlled time-slots, combined with a nature-positive approach to sustainability. We are on a mission to make this the new standard.
Our truly customer-centric and sustainable delivery services ensure customers receive parcels at their convenience, at a time that suits them. Our proprietary technology combined with our operational excellence enables us to deliver parcels more successfully and efficiently than ever before.
This creates unprecedented results for our retail clients through customer experience, eCommerce sales increases, loyalty and retention, thus empowering them with powerful competitive advantages whilst at the same time reducing the impact of deliveries on the environment. The best retailers in the world, such as Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Ingles and many more choose Paack as their exclusive partner for deliveries due to these reasons.
Our team is multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition. At Paack we look for passionate and committed people who own their individual projects and see them through, inspire and support others as part of a team, whilst constantly looking to improve through their own ideas and initiative to help the business achieve its key objectives.
What you will do
Based in Barcelona, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer, and will work on the backend app built in Ruby on Rails. You will be responsible for adding value to the business by delivering best in class features using the latest technology.
Your main duties include:
- Adding new features and upgrading existing ones.
- Working with clients, finding new ways to deliver value.
- Finding ways to refactor existing code, increasing test coverage.
- Working on a polyglot system like ours, it will help you keep up to date with new technologies and development practices.
- You will always have to consider best practices when coding, testing, DRY and strive to do better.
What we look for
- At least 2 years proven backend development experience in Ruby
- Used to writing clean, readable code, based on best practices.
- A self starter with good communication skills.
- Used to working as a team player, not coding alone, good vibes builder 😉
- Knowledge and experience working with Rails framework.
- Knowledge in other programming languages in particular Elixir, Go or Elm.
- Knowledge and experience working with external APIs.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- Knowledge of Redis, PostgreSQL.
What we offer
The basic stuff: a long-term contract with immediate incorporation, flexible schedule office-style, a competitive salary and 23 days annual leave.
The amazing stuff: the opportunity to take part in one of the main areas in any start-up and deliver an impactful contribution by helping us to manage our team performance.
Also work in a great new office in the city center within a young and very dynamic atmosphere ready to go much further as a team!
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.