Choosing a quality courier service is an essential step for your business and has a number of implications for the success of your business, especially in relation to how satisfied your customers are and whether they buy from you again. Several studies have shown that delivery performance is one of the key factors influencing customer satisfaction when shopping online.
Before you start looking for courier companies, we suggest that you take a few steps beforehand, to make sure you know exactly what type of courier company to look for. Firstly, assess your business needs: What is the purpose of your business, how far do you want it to go, and what do you want it to achieve? By asking yourself these questions, you will be better able to explain your needs to a potential courier company.
It is also important to evaluate the options available and ask for quotes. Finding out what the coverage and features of several different companies are will allow you to get an idea of the options available and decide which one best suits your business needs.
Once you have worked out exactly what you are looking for, the time has come to start looking into the courier companies that offer the services you need.
It is important to choose a quality service. This may seem obvious, but this decision could make or break your brand, so take the time to consider all the options available. A quality delivery service allows you to meet customer demand, helps you keep pace with the competition and encourages repeat customers, so it really is an essential aspect that requires careful consideration.
Basic conditions for a good delivery service
So let’s look at the conditions that a good delivery company should offer. These conditions may vary depending on the specific needs of your business, but as a general rule, the following are a good starting point:
- The ideal courier company should be able to work with you as a partner, understanding your customers’ preferences and adapting to them at all times and factoring them into every decision they make.
- A courier company should have customisable offers in terms of flexible delivery times or pick-up locations. Every customer has different needs and this must be taken into account.
- The courier company you choose should have a good reputation. If orders do not arrive on time, this will damage your company’s reputation, even if it is not your fault. The best way to check this is to check the company’s social media and look for reviews online.
- Another aspect to consider is reverse logistics. Customers should be clear about where, when and how to return their product and within what timeframe.
- It is worth choosing a courier service that already works with companies similar to yours. For example, if you are interested in international logistics, if the courier already has agreements in place it will be easier to avoid additional costs and customer dissatisfaction.
- It may seem obvious, but it is essential that the courier you choose takes extra care with your goods. Transporting a mobile phone is not the same as transporting a washing machine or a fridge, nor can cold goods be treated in the same way as non-perishable goods.
- In today’s climate, choosing a sustainable courier should be a priority. We are all responsible for dealing with the climate emergency, so ensuring that your products are delivered in an environmentally friendly way is essential.
Interesting additional services
There may be additional services that are of particular interest to your company: a multilingual call centre, a 24-hour incident service, order tracking, SMS or email notifications, or electronic payment management are some examples. It is also worth asking about the price of deliveries on public holidays, and whether they offer 24-hour or express deliveries.
Now that you have read this post, you are ready to make this important decision. Remember, take your time, work out your own needs first and then find a reliable courier that matches your priorities and delivers your products as well – or even better – than you would yourself. Or in case you already made up your mind, don’t hesitate and contact us!