Paack is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth. It currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, the UK, France, and Portugal. Our success is backed by renowned European investors.
We believe the future of e-commerce deliveries is a customer-controlled system that schedules the distribution according to customers’ preferences. Additionally, our approach blends the last mile delivery experience with an environmental-friendly service. Paack wants to establish a combination of the two as the new market standard. Hence, we ensure customers receive their parcels in a time that suits them most while contributing to sustainability.
Our product ecosystem was designed in-house allowing both technology and operationality to integrate perfectly, delivering parcels more efficiently. This results in unprecedented outcomes, offering our retail clients a competitive advantage whilst reducing the impact of their carbon footprint. Due to previously mentioned reasons, some of the best retailers (Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Inglés, etc) have chosen Paack as their exclusive scheduled delivery partner.
In accordance with our corporate values: We Care, We Thrive, We Innovate, Paack is looking for think-big individuals, people who love to perform beyond expectations, and constantly challenge the status quo.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our team of Paackers is multicultural, multilingual, and highly qualified. We are entrepreneurial, and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by functional areas. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and the status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup, and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
We automate everything from development, deployment, and infrastructure management. We have established a culture of DevOps that helps teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster. However, this stays an evergreen challenge; so there is room for improvement.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to manage a diverse and globally distributed development team. The responsibilities of the Head of Engineering include leading a team of developers, working in tandem with product managers, resourcing high-priority projects, forecasting and tracking implementation efforts with accuracy, launching new capabilities on committed dates, and improving overall our company engineering processes and quality standards.
You will lead by example and feel as comfortable architecting and coding as you are managing teams. You will ultimately be responsible for the technical leadership and ownership of our product base.
You will prioritize with team members, stakeholders, and customers to ensure that everyone is empowered, focused, and aligned. Your engineering team will operate using full development lifecycles, automation, and exceptional standards in writing clear, maintainable, and testable code.
What are we looking for?
You will have experience with crafting complex technology combinations, delivering multi- (and sometimes competing-) stakeholders product roadmaps that fulfil ambitious product visions, recruiting and empowering top-class engineers, leading an organisation that allows engineers to be highly productive, and ensuring that the production systems you oversee are bulletproof and scalable when you need them most.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years leading an engineering organisation
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-oriented platforms
- Proven experience in launching new capabilities (products, features) on time and under tight constraints
- Extensive experience in working with functional stakeholders to create hiring strategies and build quality teams
- Strong organisational leadership skills.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approaches to all levels in the organisation including key stakeholders
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting, and software products
- Proven success working closely with Product Management, contributing to the product strategy and helping to successfully deliver on the product roadmap
- Ability to work within a diverse organisation, including people from different cultures, backgrounds, levels, and perspectives, collaborating to find the best solutions for the organisation.
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as the ability to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bringing all the above, we do commit to:
- A great experience in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last-mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to learn, grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- A collaborative work environment. We are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- A permanent contract.
- A flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Sounds like a fit? Come and join our growth. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.