Paack is one of the hottest technology start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015 by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company is experienced a strong global growth and presently operates in 70 cities across four countries. All of our success is backed by a number of renowned European investors. And this is just the start.
We believe that the future of eCommerce deliveries is customer controlled time-slots, combined with a nature-positive approach to sustainability. We are on a mission to make this the new standard.
Our truly customer-centric and sustainable delivery services ensure customers receive parcels at their convenience, at a time that suits them. Our proprietary technology combined with our operational excellence enables us to deliver parcels more successfully and efficiently than ever before.
This creates unprecedented results for our retail clients through customer experience, eCommerce sales increases, loyalty and retention, thus empowering them with powerful competitive advantages whilst at the same time reducing the impact of deliveries on the environment. The best retailers in the world, such as Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Ingles and many more choose Paack as their exclusive partner for deliveries due to these reasons.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
About the job
Behind every good product sits a great support team. We are looking for dynamic, curious and creative application support engineers to join our Level 2 Applications Support team. You will be responsible for providing BAU support to a growing range of cloud-based last-mile delivery applications, working on a variety of planned and ad-hoc initiatives, assisting with change and release management and working with our product engineering team to resolve ongoing escalations.
- 2nd line technical support and maintenance of Paack proprietary applications
- Out of hours support to monitor batch jobs and system alerts
- Troubleshoot and respond to operational issues and provide timely updates and resolutions to warehouse operatives
- Investigate application errors and escalate critical issues to our platform & product engineering teams until service restoration
- Monitor systems and applications by reacting to system alerts
- Diagnose issues using log files and other relevant tools
- Work closely with our engineering and operations teams to support and improve operational processes
- Work with engineering to resolve issues affecting service quality
- Identify potential issues and suggest corrective actions
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure that resolution is provided to every issue
We are strict believers in testing and building software based on solid principles. We automate everything from development, deployment and infrastructure. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs.
What are we looking for?
If you’re a Google Cloud wizard, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- 2+ years of related experience in support centre or helpdesk
- Knowledge of Google Cloud infrastructure & services
- Knowledge of Google Cloud network architecture & services, of GCP security services and IAM
- Excellent Linux scripting skills
- Demonstrable ability to read & understand log files
- Can multi-task, in an agile environment and take responsibility in challenging situations
- Proven experience of Kubernetes (GKE, Istio)
- Experience with languages such as: Python, Ruby, Go
- Experience developing tools and interacting with Google Cloud APIs
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to converse with stakeholders of all levels
- A solution focused, continuous improvement mindset
- Independent and proactive – willing to get things done
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestions.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.